Luxury Travel In UruguayRead More
Meet An Expert – Brooke Garnett
Favorite Travel Experience:
Looking out over rice paddies while swinging from vines at the top of Khouangsi Falls in Luang Prabang, Laos.Get In Touch
As you stroll down the streets of Colonia del Sacramento, enjoy the jasmine-scented air and beauty of the ceibo and lapacho trees that frame the cobblestone streets.
- In Jose Ignacio make a stop at the Ralli Museum of Contemporary Art, which houses a fine collection of paintings and sculptures by Latin American and Spanish artists, such as Salvador Dali.
- No Uruguay tour is complete without sampling some delicious traditional Uruguayan desserts such as alfajores, a dulce de leche-filled cookie sandwich.
- Visit Plaza Independencia during your Uruguay tour at the heart of Montevideo’s old city.
- Here you will find a broad square lined with palm trees highlighting a massive statue of Jose Artigas over his underground tomb. Many Uruguayans come here to give their respects to the “father of Uruguayan nationhood.”
- Make sure that during you catch a soccer game between National and Penarol, two of the nation’s football teams, during your luxury travel in Uruguay.
Our handpicked preferred properties include exclusive 19th century Kasbahs, luxurious seaside spa retreats, endlessly charming boutique properties and the world’s most over-the-top glittering skyscrapers. Explore our curated selection and let us know if you’d like to incorporate one or a few in to your next trip.
Asia & South America
2011 & 2012
Related Blog Post
Barefoot Elegance Awaits on Bahia’s Pristine Cacoa Coast
// May 12, 2010
While most visitors to Brazil put sexy Rio, the historically rich Salvador, and the natural beauty of Iguassu Falls on their short list, we suggest adding a visit to the exquisite Txai Resort on Bahia’s undeveloped Cacoa coast to make […]