Luxury Travel In Myanmar (Burma)Read More
Meet An Expert – Brooke Garnett
Favorite Travel Experience:
Looking out over rice paddies while swinging from vines at the top of Khouangsi Falls in Luang Prabang, Laos.Get In Touch
During your tour of Myanmar be sure to try staffer Holly Monahan’s favorite breakfast dish called Tohu Nuway, a bowl of steaming fresh noodles slathered with a thick soybean cream and topped off with chilies and spices. Divine!
- Swap your Levis for a traditional Burmese longyi!
- Stop by the Mahagandhayon Monastery and witness the monks lining up for their mid-day alms.
- Visit the Sule Pagoda in Yangon, a shrine built in the 3rd century that remains a center for ayurvedic astrology.
- Float down the Irrawaddy River to see ancient ruins, then continue your exploration on horseback.
- Explore Inle Lake to visit the stilted houses and famous leg-rowing fishermen.
Our handpicked preferred properties include exclusive 19th century Kasbahs, luxurious seaside spa retreats, endlessly charming boutique properties and the world’s most over-the-top glittering skyscrapers. Explore our curated selection and let us know if you’d like to incorporate one or a few in to your next trip.
Karen Lindfors & Patrick Moore
Southeast Asia & Myanmar
Related Blog Post
Just back from Thailand and Burma (Myanmar): Matt’s Inside Scoop
// April 27, 2010
I am back in New York City after a two-week whirlwind trip through Thailand and Burma (Myanmar). With all that has been going on in the Land of Smiles and the Land of Pagodas over the past few weeks, we […]