Luxury Travel In MalaysiaRead More
Meet locals who, since 1964, have worked to rehabilitate the region's orphaned orangutans, and discover what they are doing to preserve Borneo's most photogenic resident.
- Shop at the Chinatown market, brimming with carvings, calligraphy, bamboo bird cages, ornate temples, and gastronomic delicacies.
- Visit Pangkor Laut, a private island paradise complete crystal blue waters, white sand beaches, and prime luxury villas.
- Foodies will delight in Penang’s “hawker stalls” where one can sample an endless array of sweet and savory local flavors.
- Spend a couple nights with the Iban people in Borneo to learn about their unique culture and lifestyle.
- Take a daytrip to Gaya Island, where undisturbed rainforest thrives in primordial splendor.
- Meet Borneo's most popular redhead in the wild--the charismatic orangutan.
Our handpicked preferred properties include exclusive 19th century Kasbahs, luxurious seaside spa retreats, endlessly charming boutique properties and the world’s most over-the-top glittering skyscrapers. Explore our curated selection and let us know if you’d like to incorporate one or a few in to your next trip.
C. Nathan Battle
Related Blog Post
Want to Save the Orangutans? Plan Your Next Trip to Borneo.
// July 2, 2013
Katie Losey discusses the most stunning virgin on earth, the world’s most adorable redhead, and why meeting orangutans in their forest home is possibly the best way to save them. It’s possible I held my breath through the entire 28 […]