Luxury Travel In CambodiaRead More
Meet An Expert – Holly Monahan
Favorite Travel Experience:
My perfect day in Kerala, India: spicy masala dosa for breakfast, floating along the backwaters sipping a coconut, and a 4-handed Ayurvedic massage before sunset.Get In Touch
After first shopping in a morning market for provisions, take a cooking class to learn the secrets of the delightful Khmer cuisine.
- Try your hand at pottery or other traditional handicrafts at one of the NGO-run workshops dedicated to keeping Cambodia’s artistic heritage alive.
- Travel to the “Killing Fields” near Phnom Penh to pay respects to those who lost their lives during the reign of terror of the Khmer Rouge.
- Stroll the ancient wall around the massive Royal City of Angkor Thom, a route rarely taken by tourists, and have a picnic lunch aside a small ornate temple.
- Bike through the small French colonial city of Battambang, where locals earn their livelihoods at a variety of home industries; at night wonder at the acrobats and contortionists at the local circus.
- To end your trip in Cambodia with a splash, spend a few night at the ultra-deluxe Song Saa Private Island resort, a short boat ride from the coastal town of Sihanoukville.
Our handpicked preferred properties include exclusive 19th century Kasbahs, luxurious seaside spa retreats, endlessly charming boutique properties and the world’s most over-the-top glittering skyscrapers. Explore our curated selection and let us know if you’d like to incorporate one or a few in to your next trip.
Tracy & Matthew Carrigan
Thailand & Cambodia
Related Blog Post
Lisa Sun Digs Deeper in Southeast Asia
// August 25, 2011
Lisa Sun and Asia go back a long way. She lived in Beijing for almost a decade, traveling all of China as well as 15 countries in Asia on her own. Now after fourteen years with Absolute Travel, she continues […]