Luxury Travel In Sri LankaRead More
Learn to pluck tea like a local in Hatton Hill Country!
- Begin your Adam’s Peak summit hike at daybreak, so you can enjoy the breathtaking sunrise.
- The giant footprint at the top that is an important pilgrimage site for Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and Christians.
- Sip on fresh Thambili, a type of coconut juice that comes from the sweet King coconut cultivated exclusively in Sri Lanka.
- No luxury Sri Lanka vacation is complete without a stop in Ratnapura, which is known as the city of gems. Here you will find all of Sri Lanka’s most enticing gemstones, including sapphires and rubies.
- Luxury travel in Sri Lanka means paying a visit to injured and orphaned elephants at the Elephant Transfer Home in Udawalawe National Park, which has so far rehabilitated 65 elephants and released them back into the wild.
- Sri Lanka tours always include the ocean and the nation has been called a “beginner surfer’s paradise” so make sure that you head to Hikkaduwa on its southwest coast and catch some waves.
Our handpicked preferred properties include exclusive 19th century Kasbahs, luxurious seaside spa retreats, endlessly charming boutique properties and the world’s most over-the-top glittering skyscrapers. Explore our curated selection and let us know if you’d like to incorporate one or a few in to your next trip.
Wendy Gross & William DeWoskin
India & Sri Lanka
Related Blog Post
Still Savoring Sri Lanka
// June 2, 2010
Too often overlooked, Sri Lanka is slowly putting itself back on the map with each visitor that is charmed by its people, history, landscape, wildlife, and wonder. This small island off the southern coast of India is picking up the […]