Luxury Tour of JapanRead More
Meet An Expert – Robyn Mark
Favorite Travel Experience:
Squid fishing in Emu Bay on Kangaroo Island with a handmade rod…after hours of waiting I finally caught my first squid it inked all over me!Get In Touch
Enjoy a private sake tasting at one of the oldest breweries in Kanazawa.
- Learn the history and customs of a local geisha in a refurbished chaya house.
- Cheer on a local sumo wrestling match from ringside seats at Tokyo’s sumo hall!
- Go for a dip in one of Hakone’s famed hot springs, said to cure neuralgia and rheumatism, among other illnesses.
- Visit the rustic tea houses, homes of folk artisans, and ancient traditional shops of Kyoto.
- Sail to Miyajima, an island in the Itsukushima Sea known for a beautiful shrine that the country has designated as a national treasure.
Our handpicked preferred properties include exclusive 19th century Kasbahs, luxurious seaside spa retreats, endlessly charming boutique properties and the world’s most over-the-top glittering skyscrapers. Explore our curated selection and let us know if you’d like to incorporate one or a few in to your next trip.
Melinda & John Moynier
Related Blog Post
Beyond Memoirs of a Geisha: Five Other Great Japan Novels – Discover Japan
// January 17, 2014
On the occasion of his sixth trip to the Land of the Rising Sun, our Japan specialists, Brian Lonergan, offers some of his favorite novels about one of the most exciting destinations in Asia. If you’re inspired by this blog, […]